Cast for two

Monday, January 21, 2008

Cast42 as gadget via Google Mashup Editor

A few months ago, I asked Google to join the group of people that have access to Google Mashup Editor. As soon as Google granted my access to the private beta, I played around a bit with the tool. Altough its possibilities are endless, I had no good idea for a mashup that I would want. Since I'm happy owner of an Ipod Touch, I started to think about a customized version of this blog especially for the Ipod Touch/Iphone. After some playing around, I was quickly able to make a simple gadget, that takes the atom feed of his blog and strips everything but the essential. To access the gadget, surf to http://castfortwo.googlemashups.com. To add the Google gadget to your personalized homepage, go to your homepage, click on "Add items", select "Add a feed or gadget" and enter the address of the gadget : http://castfortwo.googlemashups.com/gadget.xml. The gadget should now appear on your homepage:



This how it looks on the Ipod Touch mobile version of iGoogle:

No comments: